#MonacoGrandPrix2016: a preview
Image Copyright: HOCH ZWEI
The incredible Mercedes duo were thrashed here in Monaco thanks to a Flying lap from Daniel Ricciardo, the fastest ever lap of Monte Carlo, giving Red Bull their first pole in almost three years.
Nico Rosberg beat team-mate Lewis Hamilton to get a better position on grid.
At the start of Q3 , Hamilton had a mechanical issue as he was going after Pole but was only able to do one decent lap & It was not quite good enough to Beat Rosberg’s time. Hamilton start behind Rosberg on Sunday.
Disappointed Qualifying Session for Sebastian Vettel as he qualified fourth for Ferrari, while Nico Hulkenberg Put an impressive for Force India Qualifying Fifth behind Sebastian Vettel. Max Verstappen, the winner Spain GP last time , will start 21st after he crashes early on .Some quotes from Drivers after Qualifying session as follow :
Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes
“Barcelona was the most noticeably bad feeling. Yet, similar to I generally say, the genuine test is the means by which you get move down when you’ve been thumped down. It was an intense minute for every one of us, however it’s currently section shut.”
Nico Rosberg, Mercedes
“I was gutted after what happened in Spain – for myself, yet generally for the team. We’re in this together and I know how hard everyone attempts to make these astounding autos, so for us to abandon them both in the rock is the most exceedingly awful situation.”
Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari
“I’m persuaded that the chance is there [for the title]. Our initial move towards the potential title is the race in Monaco, and that is the manner by which we take it. After Monaco is Canada so we go regulated not attempting to look too a long ways ahead.”
Daniil Kvyat, Toro Rosso
“The second 50% of the  season for me at Red Bull Racing, it was great, stable. I was coordinating and beating [teammate] Daniel [Ricciardo], I scored more focuses than Daniel and it would have been the same this year once more.
Monaco Grand Prix Results (Qualifying Round):
- Daniel Ricciardo (Australia) Red Bull- 1min 13.622secs
- Nico Rosberg (Germany) Mercedes GP 1:13.791
- Lewis Hamilton (Great Britain) Mercedes GP 1:13.942
- Sebastian Vettel (Germany) Ferrari 1:14.552
- Nico Hulkenberg (Germany) Force India 1:14.726
- Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) Ferrari 1:14.732
- Carlos Sainz (Spain) Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:14.749
- Sergio Perez (Mexico) Force India 1:14.902
- Daniil Kvyat (Russia) Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:15.273
- Fernando Alonso (Spain) McLaren 1:15.363
- Valtteri Bottas (Finland) Williams 1:15.273 (out in Q2)
- Esteban Gutierrez (Mexico) Haas F1 1:15.293 (out in Q2)
- Jenson Button (Great Britain) McLaren 1:15.352 (out in Q2)
- Felipe Massa (Brazil) Williams 1:15.385 (out in Q2)
- Romain Grosjean (France) Haas F1 1:15.571 (out in Q2)
- Kevin Magnussen (Denmark) Renault 1:16.058 (out in Q2)
- Marcus Ericsson (Sweden) Sauber-Ferrari 1:16.299 (out in Q1)
- Jolyon Palmer (Great Britain) Renault 1:16.586 (out in Q1)
- Rio Haryanto (Indonesia) Manor Racing 1:17.295 (out in Q1)
- Pascal Wehrlein (Germany) Manor Racing 1:17.452 (out in Q1)
- Max Verstappen (Netherlands) Red Bull 1:22.467 (out in Q1)
- Felipe Nasr (Brazil) Sauber-Ferrari No Time (out in Q1)
Note : Kimi Raikkonen will serve five place grid penalty due to an unscheduled Gear Box Change.
Monaco Grand Prix Past Record:
Lewis Hamilton has just won once around the lanes of Monte Carlo, in 2008, while his Mercedes partner Nico Rosberg has won on each of F1’s past three visits to the track.
It would be one of the stuns of the season if Fernando Alonso could add to his count of two wins in the realm; to some degree less so if Ferrari’s fourfold champion Sebastian Vettel can muscle his way to the front for just his second triumph on the circuit.